Surveys have shown that almost 50% of your average lunchbox in the UK has no fruit, contain crisps and other sweets plus heavily processed snacks. This diet of high fat and salt plus refined carbohydrates lessens mental alertness and makes for a tired child instead of good attention, behavior and learning all day long into the afternoon, plus providing a third of daily nutrients.
A Healthy Lunchbox has
– protein for alertness (sandwiches with egg, tuna or cheese, ham or chicken)
– complex carbohydrates for long-lasting energy (bananas, whole wheat breads and pasta or rice salads)
– calcium for teeth and bones plus good growth (yogurt, cheese and milkshakes)
– fruit and vegetables for minerals and vitamins (fruit skewers or dried fruit)
A Popular Lunchbox is
– fun! Try for interesting shapes, fruit skewers and mini sandwiches.
– According to your child’s taste. Work with the flow and not against it – if your child likes salty foods, include cheese and ham on the sandwich.
– Prepare lunchboxes the night before so that you have enough time for provision.
– Wrap vegetable-sticks up so that they don’t dry out.
– Add a note, a joke, and a kiss with lipstick, a sticker or gadget, a face on the banana or a fun napkin!
A Healthy Lunchbox does not have
Cereal bars, savory or fruit snacks, fruit juices or flavored yoghurts.
Weight Loss through Successful Dieting!
A diet in which you eat less but healthier foods and exercise more is the best kind.
Ask yourself why do you need to diet? What do you need to change about your diet and how nutritious a diet should it be? Are you eating for comfort or are your taste buds your greatest enemies? Do you punish yourself for weak moments and then give up a healthy plan?
Answer these questions truthfully to yourself before reading on if you want to successfully loose weight.
To loose weight and keep it off, your dieting mind needs to remember:
Eat less, more frequently and much slower. Chew slowly and count every bite's chewing if you have to. Stop after the decided amount and brush your teeth! A fresh mouth seldom craves as badly.
More frequent small meals are essential for a successful diet and weight loss as it keeps your metabolism healthy. Fibre are filling and keeps our sugar levels consistent while veggies, whole grains and fruits, legumes and ‘thin' meats are great food choices that will give energy the right way.
If you exercise and burn more than your intake, you WILL lose weight! When you reach your ultimate weight and want to simply sustain, you need to balance your burn-off with your intake. As simple as that!
Diets worst matches:
"Fast Diets" slow your metabolism down, making it impossible to keep weight off.
Fat can be via the healthiest foods and still add kerb your diet instead of loosing weight. Fat is the diet's worst enemy and appears in cheeses, mayonnaises, crisps, fried foods and pastries, meats and full-cream dairies.
Sugar and diets isn't a good match. When our insulin spikes too fast, it drops afterwards and that feeling is our enemy, for then you are tired and hungry. Tired and hungry often result in binging.
Laziness and idleness often makes us undisciplined. Stay fit, stay busy and stay focused!
Be realistic. Your diet is a mental shift and until your mind becomes your best weight loss buddy, you will find every step torturous.